Enter BIOS in MSI
MSI manufactures a wide variety of computer products, including complete desktops, all-in-one computers, notebooks, and motherboards. Owners of a particular device may have to enter the BIOS to change any settings. In this case, depending on the motherboard model, the key or key combination will be different, and therefore the commonly known values may not match.
Table of Contents
Access the MSI BIOS
The BIOS or UEFI access process for MSI is practically no different from other devices. Once you turn on your PC or laptop, the first thing you will see is a splash screen with the company logo on it. At that point, you need to have time to press the key to enter the BIOS. The best way is to do a short press of the key to get to the settings, however it is also effective to hold the key for a long time until the main BIOS menu is displayed. If you miss the moment when the PC responds to the BIOS call, the boot will go further and you will have to restart again to repeat the previous steps.
The main keys to enter are the following: Share (also know as. Delete) and F2. These values (mostly Del) apply to both monoblocks and notebooks of this brand, as well as motherboards with UEFI. Less often, F2 is relevant. The range of values here is small, so no non-standard keys or their combinations can be found.
MSI motherboards can also be integrated into notebooks from other manufacturers, as is currently the case with HP notebooks. In this case, the login process usually changes to F1.
Read also: How to enter the BIOS of an HP laptop
You can also see the key that is responsible for starting the session through the user manual downloaded from the official MSI website.
Go to the support section of the MSI website
- Via the link above, you can access a page with technical information and data download from the official MSI website. In the pop-up window, specify the model of your device. Manual selection here does not always work correctly, but if you have no problems with it, use this option.
- On the product page, go to the tab "User's manual"..
- Find your preferred language and click the download icon next to it.
- After downloading, unzip the file and open the PDF. This can be done directly in the browser, as many modern browsers support PDF viewing.
- Find the BIOS section in the documentation through the index or by searching the document using the shortcut Ctrl + F.
- See which key is assigned to a specific device model and use it the next time you turn on or restart your PC.
Naturally, if the MSI motherboard is built into a laptop from another manufacturer, you will have to look up the documentation on that company's website. The search principle is similar and does not differ much.
BIOS / UEFI login troubleshooting
It is not uncommon for a situation to occur where the BIOS cannot be entered simply by pressing the right key. If there is no serious fault that requires hardware interference, but you still cannot enter the BIOS, probably earlier in your configuration you enabled the option «Quick start» (Quick start). The main purpose of this option is to control the boot mode of the computer, allowing the user to manually speed up the process or make it standard.
Also read: What is "Quick Boot" in BIOS?
To disable it, use a utility with an identical MSI name. In addition to the fast boot option switch, it has a feature that allows you to automatically enter BIOS the next time you turn on your PC.
The solution is for motherboards, so you should look for the model installed on your PC / laptop. The MSI Fast Boot utility is not available for all motherboards from this manufacturer.
Go to the support section of the MSI website
- Go to the MSI website at the link above, enter your motherboard model in the search box, and select the appropriate option from the drop-down list.
- Once on the hardware page, click on the tab "Public services". and specify the version of your operating system.
- In the list, find Quick start. and click the download icon.
- Unzip the ZIP file, install and run the program.
- Deactivation mode. «Quick start» like a switch in the "OFF". Now you can restart the PC and enter the BIOS with the key indicated in the first part of the article.
- An alternative option is to use the "GO2BIOS"The computer will switch to BIOS on its own during the next boot. You do not need to disable fast boot. In short, this option is suitable for single login via PC restart.
When the described instruction does not give the desired result, the problem is likely the result of incorrect user actions or failures that have occurred for one reason or another. The most effective option would be a reboot, naturally bypassing the features of the BIOS itself. Read about them in another article.
More information: Reset BIOS settings
It does not hurt to read information about what can affect the loss of BIOS functionality.
Read more: Why doesn't the BIOS work?
Well, if you find that you can't boot past the motherboard logo, the following material may help.
Read more: What to do if your computer hangs with the motherboard logo
Getting into BIOS / UEFI can be problematic for owners of wireless or partially disabled keyboards. There is a solution for this at the link below.
Read more: How to enter BIOS without keyboard
This concludes this article, if you continue to have problems entering the BIOS or UEFI, write your problem in the comments and we will try to help you.
We are glad that we were able to help you with your problem.
Our specialists will try to respond as quickly as possible.
Has this article helped you?