How to find a lost, stolen iPhone, even if it is turned off or restored
iOS 15 has introduced a great novelty: it is possible track an iPhone even in extreme conditions, for example in the case of a switched off or refurbished mobile phone. In terms of security, this is a great step forward, capable of counteracting the theft or loss of objects dear to us.
How to track a turned off or restored iPhone with iOS 15
Then how is it possible to track an iPhone, even if the device is turned off? This operation is possible since the mobile phone will not turn off completely, but it will save as much battery as possible and therefore be traceable (the operation is practically the same as an AirTag). In fact, any iOS device on board nearby will detect the Bluetooth signal and will be able to communicate the exact location of the device.
What if the iPhone is stolen and restored? In this case, however, you will not have to worry, since when configuring Where is (the service dedicated to the traceability of all your Apple devices), active automatically the Activation lock, ensuring that the device remains protected in the event of a failure. activation attempt. In fact, in order to activate (and therefore initialize the iPhone) the authorization of the rightful owner will be required.
However, this feature can be safely disabled in case you want your iPhone to shut down completely.
- Open the configuration of your iphone
- Continue by clicking on your name, Then in Where is?
- Touch Search my Iphone
- At this point you can deactivate the functions that you do not want to remain active as you wish
In addition, another very important function introduced by Apple in iOS 15 deserves a special mention, which allows us to be advised immediately in case we have to get away from one of our devices. You understand that this feature may be essential to avoid losing your devices due to, for example, distractions.
- Go to the application Where is?
- Select the device you are interested in and scroll down until you find the item Notify me when I'm gone
- In this point, enable the function by pressing the appropriate mark
At the moment, the ability to find an iPhone even when it is turned off is only supported by the following list of iPhones:
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro / iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 / iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro / iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 / iPhone 13 Mini
- iPhone 13 Pro / iPhone 13 Pro Max
Doubts or problems? We help you