How to install iOS 7 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
If you plan to install iOS 7 on an iOS device and you don't know how to do it, this material will certainly help you with this. Refresh, restore, or upgrade - no matter what term you may call the process itself, the goal is important: iOS 7 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. And so let's get started.
The first step is to find out if your device is compatible with iOS 7. The new version of Apple's mobile operating system can be installed on Smartphones iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, tablets iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini and reproductor multimedia iPod Touch fifth generation.
There are two ways to install iOS 7: restore and update.
Table of Contents
How are upgrade and recovery different?
Al to update, all data (contacts, photos, apps, etc.) will be saved on the iOS device.
During the process of restoration, the device will be reset to factory settings and all existing user data will be deleted. When restoring, you will receive a "clean" device as "ready to use".
- If your device is jailbroken (there is an icon for the app Cydia) - in no case use the updateas this will lead to a so-called 'loop' in recovery mode ( iTunes with a cable on the screen), or an "eternal chamomile." For install iOS 7 On a jailbroken device, use Recover from DFU mode.
- No update ni restore iPhone iOS 7 official locked for the carrier, since with the iOS firmware also increases the version of the modem on the device, and this, in turn, will lead to the impossibility of programmatically unlocking it.
Also, Turbo-SIM cards will not work on iPhones with an updated version of the modem.
How do I install iOS 7 using iTunes?
- Download and install iTunes 11.1 (link at the bottom of the page).
- Download the version of iOS 7 that matches your device.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Select your device in the upper right corner of the app.
- Hold down the key Shift and click the Restore button (for OS X Alt + Restore).
- Select the firmware file from iOS 7downloaded to your device, make click Open. Recovery will begin.
How do I update my iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to iOS 7?
Open iTunes 11.1, select your device and click the Update button.
Or use a wireless update directly on your device if you have internet access. To go to Settings -> General -> Update of software.