How to make a lift in Minecraft. Elevators have been around in Minecraft since the earliest versions of the game. Originally produced with wooden boats, today, with updates that introduced underwater currents to the game, the equipment can be made from the control of bubble currents.
In Minecraft, the player can create your own underwater current using two blocks: Sand of Souls and Magma Block. When placed in a column of water, the Sand of Souls block, found in the Nether, emits bubbles that launch the player upwards. On the other hand, the Block of Magma, present in the Nether and at the bottom of the ocean, when it comes into contact with water, creates the reverse effect, pushing the player down.
Typically, for symmetry or real-world simulation purposes, players create two elevators: one to go up and one to go down. The Magma Block, however, deals damage to the player and doesn't work as well as an elevator. A more effective tip for traveling downhill is to fall and use a water block to reduce fall damage.
These elevators can also transport items in the desired direction, going with the flow. See below the step by step that from ik4 we have created to facilitate the process.
How to make a lift in Minecraft
- Create an estructure with two empty spaces to receive the columns of water.
- Place the Sand of Souls block on the rising elevator and the Magma block in which it falls.
- Use some kind of block that prevents water from seeping out of the column, but still allow your character to pass, such as tables or doors. Your elevator can also be closed with a wall or a glass.
- LFill the elevator with Buckets of water, with a Bucket in each block.
- Now simply test your new elevator by entering it or inserting elements.
A common mistake that can cause your elevator to not work is use only one bucket of water at the top of the column. For the equipment to function properly, all blocks used must be from a water source (which is equivalent to a bucket). If your elevator is more than 10 blocks high, you must place a bucket in each block leading to the top.
We hope that this short guide on how to create an elevator in Minecraft from underwater currents has been useful to you. If you now want learn to make sticks with which to create countless tools in Minecraft, continue browsing ik4.es. Until next time!.