Table of Contents
Option 1: Message to another user
Viber is one of the most widely used messengers in the world, not only for personal communication but also for business correspondence. Let's see in more detail how to send a message to anyone from a mobile phone or computer, including sending animations, video, audio, etc.
Method 1: Mobile Apps
Viber on Android and iOS works according to the same principle: the application interface is almost identical, except for small features of the different operating systems. The following instructions are suitable for owners of phones with both mobile operating systems. If the messenger does not work or works incorrectly, please update to the latest version.
Read also: How to update Viber on your phone
- Open the messenger. If the person you want to chat with is in your recent conversations, go directly to the chat. If not, tap the new message icon in the upper right corner.
- Select the recipient from your contact list.
- Enter the text to send. Also at the bottom there are icons to add photos, videos, animations, stickers, etc. Please note that the stickers are always sent as a separate SMS and one by one.
- Press "Send".
Method 2: PC version
For your convenience, Viber on PC has practically the same interface as the mobile application. Some functionalities are missing, for example, a disappearance message cannot be sent from the PC. However, this messaging option is a must for many, especially when it comes to business correspondence.
- Open Viber and select the person you want to send a message to. You can do it through the list of chats already active or by adding a new contact.
- In the corresponding line, enter the desired text, add photos, videos, animations, stickers, etc.
- Click the button "Send"..
Option 2: Disappearing message
Vibere on iOS and Android has the additional option to send any message - specifying a time after which it will disappear from the chat. Messages of this type can be used simply for entertainment or to hide important information from prying eyes. Here you have to take into account in advance that the sms will disappear not only for the recipient but also for you. This feature is currently only available in mobile apps.
- Select a chat room to send a disappearance message. Both in business talks and in "My notes". this function will not work.
- Enter the desired message. It can be a photo, a video, an animation, a file, etc.
- Below the entry line, you will see an icon for a timer. Press it.
- An additional menu will open to select timer settings. There are currently 4 options for the message disappearance time. The minimum is 10 seconds, the maximum is 1 day. In the default situation, the default option is "Disabled"..
- Touch the selected icon. You can also optionally disable the option "Screenshot Notifications".. But if you are interested in whether the caller will take screenshots, leave this line unchanged.
- Immediately after submission, you will start receiving notifications about disappearances and screenshots.
Important! Disappearances will not apply to a single message, but to all messages after the timer is activated. If you don't want subsequent text messages to disappear as well, uncheck the option.
Option 3: Message yourself
A recent update to the Viber messenger on iOS and Android has brought a much-needed option: users can now message themselves. The function is called "My notes".. You can use them not only to save important text messages, but also to create reminders, to-do lists, and more. The main advantage is that the chat will be available on any connected device.
Method 1: Mobile Apps
These instructions are useful for all mobile phone owners, regardless of the operating system. If, for some reason, your courier still doesn't have a tab "My notesWe recommend that you update to the latest version available.
- Open Viber. In the list of chats on the first line you will find "My notes".. By default, this correspondence is pinned at the top for quick and easy retrieval.
- As stated in the chat information, here you can create reminders, notes, to-do lists, and much more. First, let's see how to send a message in a simple way. To do this, enter the text in the corresponding line and / or select a sticker, photo, video or file.
- Then press the "Send"..
- Unlike standard messages, self-sent text in Viber has the additional option of being able to mark an item as done, by simply tapping the circle. It is used to create to-do lists, shopping lists, etc.
- It is also available to turn any message into a reminder. To do this, press and hold your finger on the text for a few seconds. Then select "Create a reminder.".
- Specify the date and time.
- Press the button. "Install"..
- A message should appear at the bottom "Reminder created".
- If you want to forward someone else's text message to yourself, please open any correspondence. Press and hold the desired file or text until an additional menu appears.
- Select an option "Ahead".
- Press the arrow in the lower right corner. On Android mobile phones, depending on the version, this button may be located in the upper right or left corner.
- In the contact list, press the line "My notes.
- Select "Done".
- To lock any note, press and hold your finger until additional options appear.
- Press "Insurance"..
- Confirm the action by pressing the corresponding button again.
Method 2: PC version
One of the main advantages of the function "My notes" it is precisely the possibility of synchronizing all the information between the phone and the computer. Let's find out exactly how to create to-do lists, shopping lists, forward text messages from other contacts, and set reminders.
- Open Messenger on your computer. In the chat list, you will see "My notes". - this is the section we need. Although the interface and basic operations do not differ from correspondence with other users, all messages sent to oneself are called notes.
- Enter the text on the corresponding line. You can also send a sticker, animation, voice message, or file.
- Click the button "Send"..
- Next to the text, there is a circle to mark the tasks performed. As soon as you click on it, the item in the list will be marked as completed.
- You can also create a reminder from any note. To do this, right-click on the text and select "Create a reminder.". Specify the date, time, and recurrence. In the end, select "Save".. The notification will be sent to all devices with an activated Vibera account.
- To forward a text message from someone else to yourself, go to the chat room with them, right-click on the desired entry, and use the item "Ahead"..
- In the recipients, check "My notes".
- Click on the button. "Ahead"..
We are glad that we were able to help you with your problem.
Our specialists will try to respond as quickly as possible.
Has this article helped you?