Using Malwarebytes 3 and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes products are some of the most popular and effective in fighting malware and unwanted programs, and they will be useful even when you have a quality third-party antivirus installed, since antiviruses do not "see" many of the possible threats pointed out by such programs. This manual details how to use Malwarebytes 3 and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, which are slightly different products, where to download these programs, and how to remove them if necessary.
After Malwarebytes acquired the AdwCleaner malware removal tool (which does not require installation on the computer for scanning and does not conflict with antiviruses), it also bundled its own Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Anti-Rootkit and Anti-Exploit products into a single product, Malwarebytes 3, which by default (during a trial period of 14 days or after purchase) works in real time, that is, like normal antivirus, blocking various types of threats. The scan and the results of the same have not worsened (rather they have improved), but if before you could be sure that there were no conflicts with antivirus when installing Malwarebytes Anti-malware, now, with third-party antivirus, these conflicts, theoretically , may arise.
If you find unusual behavior of the program, your antivirus, or that Windows started to slow down a lot immediately after the installation of Malwarebytes, I recommend that you disable the real-time protection in Malwarebytes in "Options" - "Protection".
Afterwards, the program will function as a simple scanner that is run manually and does not affect the real-time protection of other antivirus products.
Table of Contents
- 1 Malwarebytes computer scan for malware and other threats
- 2 Work with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- 3 System scan and unwanted software removal
- 4 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Main Options
- 5 Detection and protection settings
- 6 Exceptions and exclusions from the web
- 7 Advanced settings
- 8 Task scheduler and access policies
Malwarebytes computer scan for malware and other threats
The new version of Malwarebytes scans both in real time (that is, you will see notifications if the program detects something unwanted on your computer) and manually, and if you have a third-party antivirus, manual scanning may be a better option.
- To scan, start (open) Malwarebytes and click "Run Scan" in the information panel or click "Full Scan" in the "Scan" menu section.
- A system scan will start and you will see a report based on the results.
- It is not always easy to read (exact file paths and additional information are not visible). With the "Save results" button you can save the results to a text file and view them there.
- Uncheck the files that you think should not be deleted and click "Quarantine selected items".
- When you are quarantined, you may be asked to restart your computer.
- After restarting, the program may take a long time to start (and you will see in Task Manager that Malwarebytes Service is heavily CPUing)
- After restarting the program, you can delete all quarantined objects by going to the corresponding section of the program or restore any of them if it turns out that some of your software started to malfunction after quarantine.
Essentially, the quarantine in the case of Malwarebytes consists of removing it from its old location and placing it in the program's database so that it can be recovered in case of unforeseen situations. Just in case, I do not recommend deleting objects from quarantine until you are sure everything is fine.
Download Malwarebytes in Russian for free from the official website https://ru.malwarebytes.com/
Malwarebytes is a relatively simple program, in understandable Russian language and, I think, some special difficulties should not arise for the user.
Among other things, we can point out the following points, which may be useful:
- You can lower the priority of Malwarebytes checks under "Impact of checks on system performance" in "Application" settings.
- You can check a specific folder or file with Malwarebytes using the context menu (right-clicking on that file or folder).
- To use the scan with Windows Defender 10 (8) separately from Malwarebytes when real-time protection is enabled in the program, and you do not want to see Malwarebytes notifications in the Windows Defender Security Center in Settings - Application - Center Windows support, set "Never register Malwarebytes in Windows Support Center".
- In Preferences - Exceptions, you can add files, folders, and sites (the program can also block malicious sites from opening) to the Malwarebytes exceptions.
How to remove Malwarebytes from your computer
The standard way to remove Malwarebytes from your computer is to go to the Control Panel, open "Programs and Components," find Malwarebytes in the list, and click "Remove."
Or, in Windows 10, go to Settings - Applications and Features, click Malwarebytes and then "Uninstall."
However, if for some reason these methods do not work, there is a special utility to remove Malwarebytes products from your computer: Malwarebytes Support Tool on the official website:
- Go to https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039023473-Uninstall-and-reinstall-using-the-Malwarebytes-Support-Tool and click Download Latest Version Support Tool from Malwarebytes.
- Accept the changes made by the utility on your computer.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then on the Clean button. Confirm the removal of all Malwarebytes components in Windows.
- After a short period of time, you will be asked to restart your computer to completely remove Malwarebytes, click "Yes".
- It is important: After restarting you will be prompted to download and install Malwarebytes, click "No".
- At the end you will see a message that if the removal fails, you need to attach the mb-clean-results.txt file from your desktop to the support request (if successful, just remove it).
At this point Malwarebytes, if all went well, it should be removed from your computer.
Work with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Final report: The latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.2.1 was released in 2016 and is no longer available on the official website for download. However, it can be found on third-party resources.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is one of the most popular and effective anti-malware tools. That said, I will point out that it is not an antivirus, but a complementary tool for Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and 7 that allows you to increase the security of your computer by working together with a good antivirus on your computer.
In this tutorial, I will show you the basic settings and functions offered by the program that allow you to correctly configure the protection of your computer (some of them are only available in the Premium version, but all the basic ones are also available in the free version. ).
And first, about why you need programs like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware when you already have an antivirus installed on your computer. The fact is that antivirus detects and disarms exactly the viruses, Trojans and the like that pose a threat to your computer.
But, for the most part, they are faithful to installed potentially unwanted programs (often covertly), which can cause pop-up windows with ads in the browser, perform some obscure activity on the computer. That being said, these things are very difficult for a novice user to remove and detect. It is for removing such unwanted programs and there are utilities, one of which will be discussed in this article. Read more about other tools of this type - Best Malware Removal Tools.
System scan and unwanted software removal
I will only briefly touch on the system analysis in Malwarebytes Anti-malware, since everything is very simple and straightforward here, I will write more about the available settings of the program. After starting Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for the first time, you can immediately run a system scan, which may take a long time at first.
After the scan is complete, you will get a list of threats detected on your computer with their descriptions - malware, unwanted programs, and others with their locations. You can choose what you want to keep on your computer by unchecking the appropriate item (for example, there are likely unlicensed software files you have downloaded; whether to keep them, despite the potential danger, is up to you to decide).
You can remove detected threats simply by clicking "Clear selected", after which you may also have to restart your computer to permanently remove them.
In addition to a full scan, you can run a one-time or quick scan from the appropriate program tab to quickly detect active (running) malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Main Options
Upon entering the configuration, you access the basic configuration page, which contains the following items:
- Notifications - Displays notifications in the Windows notification area when threats are detected. It is enabled by default.
- Program the language and the display time of notifications.
- Contextual menu in Explorer: incorporates the item "Scan Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" in the right-click menu of Explorer.
If you use this utility all the time, I recommend that you enable the context menu item in Explorer, especially in the free version, in which there is no real-time scanning. This can be helpful.
Detection and protection settings
One of the main configuration elements of the program is Detection and Protection. At this point you can configure or disable protection against malware, potentially dangerous sites, and unwanted software.
Normally, it is best to keep all the available options activated (of those deactivated by default, I recommend activating "Search for rootkits"), which I don't think needs much explanation. However, it may be that you necessarily have to install some program that is detected by Malwarebytes Anti-malware as malicious, in this situation, you can enable ignoring such threats, but it is better to do so by setting exceptions.
Exceptions and exclusions from the web
If you need to exclude certain files or folders from inspection, you can add them to the list in the "Exclusions" configuration item. This can be useful when you think there is no particular threat from the program, but Malwarebytes Anti-Malware still wants to remove or quarantine it.
The Web Connections element is not available in the free version, and it serves to stop protecting Internet connections, while you can add a process on your computer to which the program will allow any Internet connection, or add an IP address or an address (Add Domain item) so that all programs on your computer are not blocked from accessing the specified address.
Changing the advanced settings of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is only available for the Premium version. Here you can configure the automatic launch of the program, activate the self-protection module, deactivate the quarantine of detected threats and other settings.
I should point out that it is very strange that for the free version it is not available to disable the autorun of the program when logging into Windows. However, you can disable it manually with the standard operating system tools - How to remove programs from autorun.
Task scheduler and access policies
Two more features that are not in the free version of the software, which, however, may have some utility.
Access policies have the ability to restrict access to certain parameters of the program, as well as user actions, setting a password on them.
In turn, Task Scheduler allows you to easily configure automatic computer scans for unwanted programs, as well as change the settings for automatic Malwarebytes Anti-Malware update checks.
What is the size in pixels of the sheets a4 a3 a2 a1 and a0 depending on the dpi
How to delete a Facebook account without password and email
How to know who is behind an instagram profile
How to know who canceled the message on instagram
How to know if the iPhone is hacked
How to install IPTV on the Fire TV Stick
What to do if images disappear from gallery on Android
Spotify cracked IOS 2021, How to install it?
How to copy the link to your instagram profile
How to know who is behind a Facebook profile
Troubleshooting the red LOS light on the router
How to find out the MI account id on your Xiaomi smartphone
How to install IPTV on the Fire TV Stick
How to change Supercell email id
How to unblock Iphone Telegram channels
how to hide who i follow on instagram
How to fix the error requires action with the Google account
e_fail 0x80004005 error in Virtualbox, causes and solutions
How to put your name on a WhatsApp list
How to delete your Shein account
Troubleshooting the red LOS light on the router
How to see how many messages are in a chat
How to unblock Iphone Telegram channels
How to send self-destructing photos or videos on Telegram
How to download Facebook stories from PC